So, it was just in November that I wrote a post that was a long time in the making of 100 Places that Adults Want To Go in the Twin Cities and while it is a great list to find stuff to do at any time of the year it doesn't encapsulate any holiday specific fun, which is what I went in search of for December to plan a get together with a friend.
Sure there are lots of plays and musicals and craft shows to go to on weekends, but finding stuff to do on a week day can be a bit more challenging. The good news is that most of these items are also available on the weekends, as well as during the week day.
I decided since I had spent quite a bit of time looking up items, I might as well share them with my readers and then have them to reference next December when I am planning our get together.
- Bachman's Holiday Idea House
- Holidays at Flyover America
- Holiday Music Festival at the Mall of America
- Songs for the Season Courtroom Concert
- A Christmas Carol (one man show by great-great grandson of Charles Dickens)
- Weekday Matinees of A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie (currently sold out for weekday matinees, they advised calling a week or less before the show to see if anything opened up)
- Nordic Holidays Exhibition at the American Swedish Institute
- Ballet Tuesday "Clara's Dream" Excerpts at Landmark Center
- Holiday Flower Show at Como Park Conservatory
- Wells Fargo Winterskate
- Various Holiday Events at the James J. Hill House
- A Victorian Christmas at the Ramsey House
- Holidays at the Mill Performances at Mill City Museum
- "A Day In the Life of an Elf" at Macy's Santaland
- Holidazzle Village (Th-Sun)