Monday, June 25, 2012

Make It Monday: Frozen Fruit & Berry Pops (Clean Eating)

These are super simple to make and healthy too. By adding in some protein powder (Thanks to my friend Diane for the idea) you can amp up the nutritional value or even try using Greek yogurt instead of traditional yogurt. The number of these you make depends upon the size of your molds. I have a small one & large one that I use, plus we have extra that the kids drink as a smoothie. This makes an excellent smoothie recipe too.






Frozen Fruit and Berry Pops


1 C milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 C organic vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 C strawberries
1/2 banana (optional)

Put it all in a blender and blend until completely mixed. Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze for several hours or until firm.

This was an easy recipe to get the kids involved in making. Often kids are excited to eat or try items that they helped make or grow.

Try it with your kids and let me know how they like helping out in the kitchen and if they too approve of this recipe. 


My kids love it!







2 comments:

Rizzy said...

Yum! Will have to try it with Greek yogurt next...

Julie said...

We make different variations of this recipe & the kids eat one almost everyday in the summer. I had a few spinach leaves or beets into it too so my son who's a very picky eater gets some veggies. He has decided he doesn't like smoothies anymore - but he loves the popsicles - little does he know it's the same recipe! We use blueberries or strawberries w/ a banana - or a combination of all 3. This time I bought plain yogurt so it would have less sugar, but I did add a little honey to sweeten it up some.