Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Teacher Appreciation: Student Letter


Every year I write an email to the principal at my daughter's school and tell him all the ways I appreciate all of the teachers that she had that year. I never ask what he does with that email, if he shares it with those teachers mentioned or if they have any idea that a parent spoke highly of them to their boss.

This year, I still sent an email but thought I wanted to have my kids main teachers hear it from the kids themselves. My email last year did include items my daughter told me that were impactful to her, but this year I want to know the teacher hears it from the child. I think it is good for teachers to hear the ways they have made an impact on a child. It may be something they don't even think is a big deal that turns out to me the most meaningful or provided the best learning opportunity for a child.

No comments: