These are oddly addicting.You are first going to taste the gooey chocolate and cinnamon but then get a follow up hit of spice from the cayenne pepper. Don't worry, it's not too spicy, it has just enough kick. And remember that milk will lessen any spice, plus tastes great with a brownie.
Easy Mexican Brownies
1 box 13x9 pan brownie mix (make as directed, adding ingredients as listed on the box)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
1 T powdered sugar
1/4 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
up to 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (add according to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make box brownie mix as directed, adding to it the vanilla, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon
- Bake as directed on the box (usually about 25 minutes)
- Allow to cool completely
- In a small dish, whisk together all powder dusting ingredients
- Sift ingredients over the cooled brownies and serve.