Friday, March 11, 2016

15 Book Series Ideas for 5th Grade Reading Level (AR, Accelerated Reader)


So, last week I shared with you the list I created when I was looking up books for my nephew and today I am sharing with you book series ideas I found for my daughter. My daughter is in 4th grade and her AR level range is currently up to a 6.7, but also all of the 5th grade level as well. For the most part she is sticking to books in the 5th grade level because frankly, books in the 6th grade level get A LOT more complicated as far as social rules and social constructs and intimate relationships and she is not ready to be reading that. I know I have Hunger Games on the list and have not decided if she can read it or not. Yes, there are some series in the 6th grade level she can and has been reading (Harry Potter series and Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events are a couple.) I hope this helps give you some ideas on what to suggest to your child reading at a 5th grade reading level. These are all series, so it will take some time to get through all of them. She has read several of these series already this year, but she needed a new series to move on to.


5th Grade Level

  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
  • Grimmtastic Girls by Joan Holub
  • Half Upon a Tim by James Riley
  • Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • I Survived by Lauren Tarshis (12 in the Series with AR levels between 3.8-6.4)
  • Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
  • Maze Runner by James Dashner
  • Mean Ghouls by Stacia Deutsch (books in the series are in 4th & 5th AR levels)
  • My Life Series by Janet Tashjian
  • Nancy Drew: Eco Mystery Trilogy by Carole Keene
  • Nerds by Michael Buckely
  • Tapper Twins by Geoff Rodkey
  • The Descendents by Melissa de la Cruz (Book 1 came out May '15, next one is May '16)
  • The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer
  • The Princess School by Jane Mason

No comments: