Thursday, July 23, 2009

#58 Use Half a Baby Wipe or Make Your Own Reusable Ones

Seriously, you don't need a whole baby wipe most of the time. I will say “most” of the time, because sometimes there are jobs that even one or two won't suffice. You know, those times when you just want to cut the clothes off the kid and cut your losses on that outfit and then hose them down. But most of the time we don't have those types of incidents.

We're about to enter the baby wipe stage once again and I am sure my husband has forgotten about how I rip my baby wipes in half. In my book, I think he is wasteful with baby wipes, but I can't complain too loudly if he is changing.
You will find that some brands tear easier than other, so a pair of scissors might be in order.
If you are inclined to make your own reusable baby wipes, then try this website out, there are a bunch of “solution” recipes.

And the cloth part itself can be as simple as reusing your old t-shirts or sweatshirts. Just be sure to pick a fabric that won't unravel once you have cut it.

1 comment:

Sewing-Chick said...

My son must poop more than your kiddos, because EVERY poop is at least a one sheeter, if not a two or three sheeter!