This is a great article on why we all need to switch to rechargeable batteries where we can and the scientific research to back it. Here are the highlighted benefits to the environment that rechargeable batteries have according to this article:
- Up to 23 TIMES less impact on non-renewable natural resources
- Up to 28 TIMES less impact on global warming (CO2)
- Up to 30 TIMES less impact on air pollution (ozone pollution)
- Up to 9 TIMES less impact on air acidification
- Up to 12 TIMES less impact on water pollution
Plus, you have the added benefit of not purchasing batteries continually. You can save money in the long run.