I made these for our extended family Christmas celebration. One recipe makes 48 bites, so this recipe is perfect for a big crowd, but I think I would make half a recipe next time I make it for my family. You can prepare the cream cheese filling and cranberry sauce in advance so it is basically assembly and baking at the end.
2 tubes of croissant roll dough
3/4 C homemade cranberry sauce
1 8oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 C sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make cranberry sauce in advance (6 oz. fresh cranberries, 1/2 C water, 1/4 C maple syrup, 1 med cinnamon stick - simmer everything in a pot for 20 minutes, remove stick before serving)
- Make cream cheese filling by beating together cream cheese with sugar
- Make squares by unrolling croissant dough, pinching together seems and rolling out with a rolling pin, then cutting in to squares with a pizza cutter. Each tube will give you 24 squares.
- Spray a mini muffin pan and push in each croissant square in each with sides sticking out.
- Fill each cup with a small spoonful of cranberry sauce and cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!