If you buy banana chips from a store these may be perfectly whiteish-yellow with no browning but are covered in sugar and possibly coloring or HFC. Make your own banana chips with a food dehydrator and have a healthy snack on hand for you or your kids. They are exactly what you expect, just bananas! I know my kids come home from school and immediately want a snack. My son like to have banana chips on top of toast with peanut butter, talk about a healthy snack!
- Slice bananas in 1/4-3/8" slices
- Place on your food dehydrator trays in a single layer
- Turn your food dehydrator temperature to 150 degrees
- Cook for about 6 hours
- Test to see if they are crisp
- Allow to cool and then remove from trays