Crunchy Granola Bars
2 C quick cooking oats
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C wheat germ
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 C white whole wheat flour
1/2 C chocolate chips
1/4 C cinnamon chips (you could just do all chocolate chips)
1/2 C honey
1 egg, beaten
1/2 C canola oil
2 tsp. vanilla
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13x9 pan.
* Mix together oats, sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour & chips.
* Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; pour in wet ingredients.
* Mix together with hands.
* Pat mixture into the bottom of your pan.
* Bake for 25 minutes.
* Cut immediately after you take them out.
* Let cool completely before serving.
By the way, I noticed in the grocery circular this week that a box of 10 Quaker chewy granola bars cost $2.50 as a sale item. So, it would have cost you $6 to buy as many as I made. And the Nature Valley 12-pc crunchy granola were $3.50, which would have been $7 to buy as many as I made. But I also tried to use as many organic ingredients as possible, so if you compare it to the Taste of Nature granola bars on sale for $1 each, it would have cost $24 (although, if you were to buy them not on sale it would cost you approx. $1.50 each, making the total $36.
I added the cinnamon chip because I ran out of chocolate chips, but I think I would change it to being 3/4 C chocolate chips and not use any cinnamon chips.