Here are the rules I am going to set for myself:
* Only grocery shopping for fresh produce, eggs, juice & dairy products as needed
* Purchasing my husband's pop (although if I start making coffee more in the mornings, he won't need the pop)
* Only eating out once a week (with the exception of a pre-scheduled playgroup to McD's once this month)
That's it really. I think I should be able to do it. And I don't think I have any parties or special events that I need to buy for.
I think the real challenges are going to be:
* Not looking at the sales flier and wanting to stock up on sale items
* When I run out of pre-packaged kids snacks and having to make up my own snacks (sounds like a good time to try out making homemade granola bars though)
* Planning far enough ahead to get meat out of the freezer to be thawed in time for dinner
I think this is do-able and my pantry & freezer could use to be emptied a little. Really what I am not doing is purchasing any non-perishable items (canned/boxed) or meats or frozen fruits & veggies. I plan to check in weekly and let you know how it went the week before. Anyone want to join me on this challenge?