Friday, February 14, 2014

Fitness Friday: Review - Jillian Michaels Fitness Adventure for the XBOX 360



Let me start of saying that I was not sent this product to review. I purchased this on my own and wanted to provide a review for my readers.

I bought the Jillian Michaels Fitness Adventure for the XBOX 360 a while ago and it say in the drawer for a while before I finally opened the package to use it. I am a big fan of Jillian Michaels and have loved her videos that I have tried so far. I gave a glowing review of Yoga Inferno and own 5 of her videos. And what's more is I have been trying out other of her videos on through the FREE Exercise videos on Amazon Prime that I don't own and am finding other workouts of her that I just love and am throwing in the mix.

With all that said, I do not recommend buying this video game. If you are expecting the kind of quality you get from the DVDs, then you will be disappointed. First, you have to set up a profile with a bunch of information about yourself so that it can show you your progress in terms of weight and BMI and this takes time and is somewhat of a slow and clunky process. If you want to get going on a workout, this slows you down and is frustrating. Second, the kinect sensor cannot see you when you are on the ground doing push-ups and sit-ups. You will be doing sets of 20 along side Jillian and when she is done it will end and will say you did none even though you did 20. You will never show improvement in this area and she will keep telling you not to give up. If you are happy just counting to yourself and knowing you did them and don't care about the game aspect then you are fine, but you earn point and unlock stuff. So, I have no idea what I am all missing out on because I will not be able to unlock those items. Oh well.



If that has not yet convinced you to save your money (but a couple new Jillian Michaels DVDs instead!) or maybe pre-order her new DVD set to be released on March 4th (I should add that to my birthday list! Although, I would love to find a way to get it sent to me to review!) that is called Jillian Michaels One-Week Shred. But my final reason and the most important is that you end up having improper form (even though the games tell you to keep proper form and shows you proper for the movement) because the sensor has to pick up certain movements in order to register and give you credit for those exercises. A $15 game (it's old now, so it's cheap) is not worth potentially injuring yourself.

I will stick with Just Dance or Dance Central for the XBOX if I want a workout type game and then I can play with my kids as well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not familiar with Jillian Michaels but to know that it is on Xbox that will be great then.

mystylespot said...

I love jilian workout dvds I have a few! Looks like I need to add this one to my collection as well!

Debi@ The Spring Mount 6 pack said...

This has to be killer because Jillian Michaels does an amazing job

Czjai said...

I saw this at the local toy store and have been pondering on whether to get this or not. Thanks for the review! :)