Friday, February 28, 2014

Fitness Friday: DIY Medals from Juice Lids


This was a fun project that hardly cost anything. If you have all the supplies, this could be a no-cost project. I had most of the supplies, but I did buy the thick red ribbon, but it was in the big bin of $1 ribbon at Michael's but I could have used other ribbon I had leftover or yarn if I wanted, but this was the look I was going for. The red and white ribbon was leftover from when I made these Rolled Fabric Rosettes and matching dresses for my daughter and her American Girl Doll.

The large medals are made from juice lids and the smaller medals are made from the ends of tubes of croissants. I painted them with paint I had in gold, silver and bronze. Then just cut the ribbon and hot glued it to the back.


These would be a lot of fun to give to kids if you have some kind of race or obstacle course at a playgroup or for a neighborhood picnic. Or try our Hopscotch With Our Rules (much more fun and interesting!). Get kids exercising by providing external motivation and don't forget to join them because kids love modeling behavior!

Want some other ideas of things to make with Juice Lids? Check out this list:




15 comments:

xiomara @ Parkesdale said...

Those are so cute. My girls would definitively love those.

Czjai said...

Pik-Nik lids would be great for these, too! :)

Unknown said...

That is a great idea! Love it!

Jessica said...

What an adorable idea! I love this!

Kathy said...

Great idea!!!

Courtney @ LifeAsAConvert said...

This is such a cute idea! I will have to remember this for later this year.

ReviewsSheRote said...

so sweet---we like having "Backyard Games" in the summer with the kids I could make some of these to hand out to all =D

mystylespot said...

What a cute idea! love seeing the pics! Adorable!

Unknown said...

Such a great idea! I love recycling things into crafts.

Michelle F.

Unknown said...

This is so cool! Have to make some with my daughter too! Thanks for a great idea!

ourfamilyworld said...

That is so cute. I can see my girls getting into them

Unknown said...

WHAT?! My oldest is 23 and my youngest is six, and nothing like this ever crossed my mind! Why didn't I ever think of this???

Lisa said...

Are They The Cutest Little Darlings, Your Kids I Mean The Craft Too!! LOL!!

triplezmom said...

Your kids are so cute. I think mine would enjoy these medals as rewards for family activities.

Suzi Satterfield said...

Funny, I never considered repurposing concentrated juice lids! Looks like your little winners loved it. :-)