This is a super fun and easy project for kids and uses dot markers.
Supplies Needed Per Butterfly:
- 2 round coffee filters
- dot markers
- 1 pipe cleaner
- spray bottle of water
- Flatten out the coffee filters
- Make dot marks all over the filters
- Spray down with water
- Allow to Dry
- Pinch each of the filter to the center so that one creates the top wings and the other creates the bottom wings
- Fold a pipe cleaner in half and twist the bottom (folded part) inch together
- Place the pinched coffee filters in between the pipe cleaners on top of the twisted part
- Twist over the top of the wings to secure in to place
- Curl pipe cleaner ends to make antennae
You can also try using washable makers like we did in this butterfly craft.