At the start of the school year I thought I would go ahead and make a bunch of Paleo Freezer Meals, as well as a bunch of freezer meals so that the kids could have a hot breakfast every morning but no one has to get up any earlier to either make it or enjoy it. I am going to share a few items I made over upcoming Mondays and then do a Breakfast Freezer Meals Round Up, because just like the Paleo Freezer Meals I did them all at the same time. In fact, I make both the Breakfast Freezer Meals and Paleo Freezer Meals on the same night (my freezer is well stocked, but is quickly diminishing.)
I bought all my ingredients at Aldi's (eggs were 79c a dozen at the time) and I figure it costs about 55-60c a burrito, whereas they sold premade breakfast burritoes there in a box of 4 for $4.
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
2 Tbsp butter
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped ham
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
20 large flour tortillas
- Saute onion until soft and lightly browned in a large frying pan.
- Beat together eggs, salt, pepper and milk and add to the frying pan and cook until eggs are done.
- Stir in ham until is ham is warmed through.
- Allow egg mixture to cool slightly before stuffing burritos.
- Scoop 1/3-1/2 C of egg mixture on to each tortillas. You will divide this among 20 tortillas.
- Top with cheese.
- Fold in ends and roll up burrito.
- Wrap in foil or wrap and store in a gallon freezer bag.