Monday, January 30, 2012

Recipe: Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

I have been reading about the Clean Eating Movement lately and while I often cook in a clean way, there are plenty of times that processed convenience foods win out. I needed a little inspiration to get back on track and reading books helps give me ideas and inspiration.



These cookies are unbelievably delicious and each of the kids ate 3 cookies right after they were (slightly) cooled. OK, I admit it, I had 3 right away too. I love that they are so good for you and taste good.

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
1/2 C canola oil
1/2 C dehydrated cane juice
1 egg white
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 T water
2 C old fashioned oats
2/3 C whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 C dried cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend oil and can juice together. Add egg white, extract, & water and mix well. Next add in oats, flour, salt, soda, cranberries & cinnamon. Blend well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on to lined baking sheets (or sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray). Bake for 10 minutes. Makes 3 dozen.

No comments: