Monday, January 2, 2012

Review: Tyler's Coffee



What could be more yummy to review than coffee? Well, maybe coffee AND chocolate!

I was given the opportunity to review a packet of regular acid-free Tyler's ground coffee. I was excited to try it because it was something new and I liked the concept of acid-free coffee. I don't require acid-free coffee, but when I was pregnant with my son I would crave having a cup but my stomach couldn't handle it. Acid-free coffee would have been perfect.


From their website:
Tyler’s Coffee uses a “Z-Roasting” process that optimizes the time the coffee beans are cooked; the result is high levels of caffeine and free of acid. Benefits of an acid free coffee are tooth enamel is protected and teeth are stronger leading to fewer cavities.


A little cup of java can mean a big problem for stomachs. Acid levels in coffee, as well as impurities and resins, may wreak havoc on the digestive tract. Our customers with sensitive stomachs are relieved to learn that they can still continue enjoying a great cup of coffee whenever they want.





My scent from the package was very bold and I was concerned it would taste very bold since my preference lies in mild and medium levels of boldness. The flavor was more of a mild-medium boldness, it definitely had a more bold scent than flavor. I added cream and sugar, as usual for my cup of coffee. My first sip tasted ok and it had a smoothness to it. But then each successive sip left some kind of taste I have never experienced with coffee. It was not a taste that I preferred and I cannot describe exactly what it was. I have to wonder if the taste comes as a result of removing the acid, but I just don't know. Someone else might enjoy the taste, since we all have different tastes.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: