Friday, February 10, 2012

Bertolli Challenge | Make a Weeknight Meal Special

Making a weeknight meal special can be really easy. I accepted the challenge from Bertolli® to make a weeknight meal using one of their new frozen soups in an hour or less and come up with ideas to make it special. I will share all those ideas later on in this post.


Since this was a new item, I was surprised to see that all the varieties were stocked and available at my two nearest grocery stores. I was very pleased that I had so many choices.

 Bertolli® Frozen Meal Soups are hearty and fresh-tasting with vegetables, meats, pasta and herbs individually flash frozen at the  peak of freshness. Bertolli® Frozen Meal Soups are available in the frozen aisle, and can be prepared on your stovetop in minutes. With robust flavors and rich textures, new Bertolli® Frozen Meal Soups are available in four varieties: Chicken Minestrone, Roasted Chicken & Rotini Pasta, Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken, and Tuscan-Style Beef with Vegetables.


I thought to make this meal more special, I would purchase some items that I might save for date night. So, I bought a take-n-bake baguette, honey goat cheese, some mini eclairs, and fixing for a salad. I think that adding a variety of colors and textures can help make a meal special.


You can even check out this video I made talking about what I did to make a weeknight meal special.





If you don't want to listen to me (trying so hard not to) say Ummm, then you can read the tips below.


 I was happy with how quickly the Bertolli® soup cooked. All I needed to do was to add 1 cup of water and bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes. In total, it took me 35 minutes to prepare all of the food and set the table. I would mark that in the successful dinner category. It was tasty and quick. This challenge really made me realize how easy it is to make a weeknight meal special. 


I was also very pleased with the flavor and texture of my soup. I enjoyed it a lot.




Tips on how to make a weeknight meal special:

  • Choose foods you might save for a date night, like honey goat cheese and take-n-bake bread and mini eclairs
  • Choose foods with a variety of colors and textures
  • Eat in the dining room instead of the kitchen
  • Decorate with flowers and candles
  • Use cloth napkins
  • Use matching tableware and utensils





You can find Bertolli online at:
Facebook: facebook.com/Bertolli
Twitter: twitter.com/Bertolli
Website: villabertolli.com


I was compensated by Bertolli to participate in the Weeknight Meal Special Challenge.

1 comment:

Mom Does Reviews said...

Looks great! we loved the Tomato Florentine!
http://momdoesreviews.com/2012/02/12/make-a-weeknight-meal-special-with-bertolli-meal-soup/