Thursday, May 31, 2012

Review: FashionArtProjects.com



I was so excited when I was asked to review this collection of products from FashionArtProjects.com. If you have been a reader for a short time or a long time, you know that I love to be crafty and do projects, by myself and with my kids.

When I opened this package and showed my daughter these supplies she started planning out just what hers would look like.

What is great about these supplies is that they are all easy to apply (you just need an iron) and you can get customized, professional looking tote bags (or purses, aprons, bandanas, laundry bags, headwraps and other types of bags - which can all be purchased from their site, or any other type of iron-able fabric item that you own/buy.) You can buy them online through FashionArtProjects.com, which will take you to purchasing them from their parent site of WalMart.com or you can find many of these items at your area Wal-Mart.

Here are some tips when working with these supplies:

  • Layout your design before ironing
  • Slowly peel back the backing, some things are not ready yet
  • Some items you will have to iron several times
  • The rhinestones may stick to the backing, so peel off slowly, taking it one or two rhinestones at a time
  • The furry (zebra letters) took much more ironing that the non-fur (pink leopard) and needed to cool until it was barely warm
With all those tips you should be ready to start ironing away and make some customized items for yourself and for gifts. My daughter (with my supervision just to be sure she was safe with the iron) made the bag for herself and her friend all on her own. She picked out the appliques and designed the layout. This was really a fun way for her to individualize her own bag and the gift she will give to her friend.

And because there was a third bag, I got one too! Hmmmmm! Now what to carry in my new bag is the question.




Other places you can find FashionArtProjects.com:





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. from FashionArtPorjects.com Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: