Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review: Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Today I am going to share my review of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil with you.

The possibilities of cooking with olive oil is endless. What do you like to use olive oil in when you cook?

This is a fantastic tasting olive oil and smells divine. It is made with high quality oils from Italy, Spain, Greece and Tunsia.

Pretty much all of my sauteing and stove-top cooking, grill marinades, and salad dressings are made with olive oil.

The picture to the right is of some fresh mushrooms, onions, and garlic that I sauteed using this olive oil and served on top of our tri-tip steak. Sauteed mushrooms, onions and garlic just tastes so delicious served with a steak. The flavors complement each other nicely.

I also use olive oil in my water that I will prepare spaghetti in. I find that having oil in the water before you add the spaghetti will help it from sticking together so much because as you place the pasta in the water the oil will cling to the pasta.

I also like to served olive oil along with balsamic oil (make sure you get a good quality one and it will have this wonderful natural sweetness to it) as a dipper for a nice good crusty bread, like my Artisan Bread.




I received the above bottle of Filippo Berio Olive Oil for the purpose of reviewing the prodcust. All thoughts and  opinions are my own. I did not receive any monetary contributions for this post.

No comments: