Apple Rhubarb Jam
3 C apples, cored (3-4 med apples)
3 C rhubarb
2 C white sugar
1/2 C water
2 T red hot candies
2 oz pectin
- Process apples and rhubarb in a food processor until mostly smooth
- In a large saucepan, bring to a boil the apples, rhubarb, sugar, water and candies then cook over medium heat for 20 minutes
- Stir in pectin and boil for 5 minutes
- Scoop in to hot jars and seal with lids and jars. Process in a hot bath for 10 minutes.
- Store unopened jars in a cool dark spot, refrigerate opened jars.