Cherry Coconut Bread
2 C whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 C raw sugar (honey or maple syrup works too)
1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
3/4 C chopped cherries
2 T coconut oil, melted
2 T unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 C natural apple sauce
1 whole egg
1 egg white
3/4 C plain greek yogurt
1/4 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray 1 large loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda,and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, coconut, coconut milk, apple sauce, egg and egg white, coconut oil, extract and yogurt. Mix well.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture and blend well.
- Fold in chopped cherries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool and Enjoy!