Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Try It Tuesday: Paper Plate Sun Craft


This is a fun and easy project for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarteners. I am sure even my 7 year old would love to make this if she were not in school when I made it with my son.

I love paper plate crafts because they are an easy way to make a perfect circle craft. We made this one because I asked my son what he wanted to make for a craft that day and he said he wanted to make the sun, earth and the moon (stay tuned for those paper plate crafts too!)

Supplies needed: 1 paper plate, yellow construction paper, yellow paint, paint brush, glue, googly eyes, pipe cleaner and a button.



First have the child paint a paper plate yellow. While they are painting, you can cut our triangles from the yellow construction paper that they will glue on later. Allow the paint to dry before continuing.


Once it is dry, have them glue on eyes, nose & mouth (we chose a button & pipe cleaner because those were items in our recycled art supplies that he chose from.) Then put a ring of glue around the perimeter of the plate and have them place the triangle pieces on.

Now, didn't it turn out cute!

No comments: