Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Review: Zola Coconut Water with Pina Colada Protein Smoothie Recipe



To be honest, it had been a while ago since I had requested to do a review for Zola Coconut Water, so when it arrived on my doorstep this morning I was super excited. I had not had breakfast yet and was planning on a protein smoothie and thought I would try out the Zola Coconut Water in it and come up with my own recipe. What a tasty way to enjoy my breakfast smoothie! This make clean eating so enjoyable!

Pina Colada Protein Smoothie Recipe
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
4 slices of canned pineapple
1/4 C pineapple juice
8 oz. Zola Coconut Water
1 C crushed ice

Directions: Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy your very generous sized smoothie!



My Thoughts:
I really like the coconut water. It has a very light coconut flavor to and is refreshing to drink. Each can has 2 servings (60 calories in the one with pulp and 55 calories in the one without pulp, per serving). But what you also gain for that serving is a DV of 21% Manganese, 3% Magnesium, 2% Calcium, 2% Phosphorus, and 1g of Protein. The can also claims that it contains more potassium that one banana (which a medium banana has 422mg of potassium). There is no fat or cholesterol in this product. The coconut water is very smooth and water-like, meaning it has the consistency and fluidness (is that a word? can I make it a word?) of water.

The Zola Organic Acai Juice is 93% Juice and there is 1.5 servings in the bottle. Each serving is 125 calories with 2 grams of fat (cholesterol free though! and it's good fat of 1,450mg of Omega EFA 3, 6, 9) and also packs in a DV of 8% Vitamin E, 5% Vitamin A, 4% Vitamin C, 2% Calcium, 2% Iron, 1 g of Dietary Fiber and 1g of Protein. This juice is quite sweet compared to the coconut water. It is almost like a treat, but it's healthy and packs in tons of antioxidants. I really enjoyed the organic acai juice.

It looks like I will be able to buy the Acai juice at pretty much any Whole Foods Market or VitaminShoppe store. At this time it does not appear that the coconut water is available in any retail store within 100 miles of me, but both the coconut water and acai juice are available on Amazon.

You can find out more information about Zola Coconut Water online at:


I received the package pictured above from Zola for the purpose of review. I did not receive any monetary compensation. All thoughts, opinions and pictures are my own.

3 comments:

Dianna said...

Oh this sounds so good-- Now I want to try this-- I have some bananas I think Im going to add to it too--thanks

william saylor said...

Looks and sounds yummy. Will be making this for the fourth.

Kristie said...

I like smoothies. We have a Ninja blender. Maybe I will try this. I love coconut!!! Yum! I'm also trying to use coconut oil lately. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.