Thursday, November 20, 2014

Olaf Loom Knit Hat


If you have already learned the e-wrap stitch, that is really all you need to know how to do to make this Olaf from Frozen hat. The facial features are all felt pieces that I have cut out and hand stitched on. The twigs on the top and the bottom are all braided pieces of yarn that are tie off at the ends.

The yarn types used was:
White Bernet Baby Blanket Yarn - 2 skeins
Walnut Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky Yarn (leftover, you don't need a lot but thick,chunky yarn will make thicker twigs.)

I e-wrapped with 2 strands of white yarn until I had created a hat that was 8 1/2 inches long and cast off. I then attached the felt pieces I cut out and "twigs" I braided by hand stitching them in place. The nose is three-dimensional and stuffed with a small amount of batting.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

This hat is adorable! I wish I was as creative as you!!

Lisa said...

That is SO cute! I love the hat, and I love how easy it is to make. Loom knitting is much less nerve wracking than regular knitting.

Hezzi-D said...

Oh my goodness this is too cute! I wish I could make something like this for the kids at school!

Erika Awakening said...

Really adorable. I have a hat that's a little like this, though I can't say that I made it myself! And I wear it all the time. It's the best :)

Czjai said...

Super cute hat! My niece would love this. Ah, if only I had the skills to make cute fashion pieces like this...

Unknown said...

I really like this and would like to try and make it for my granddaughters.