Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Hand Painted Decorative Tile


This was a fun project that I had planned to do with a friend. We used to have crafty playdates with our kids (well, we still do it just needs to be after school) but I decided one day we need a crafty mommy date and these are my hand painted decorative tiles.

The tiles were from Lowe's for under $1 each and we used acrylic paint that I already had in my supply and high gloss lacquer that I had leftover and glue leftover felt to the back as well as a wine cork as a stand.

To make these I just prepped the surface by wiping it down with soap and water and then drying it. Then we painted our images on the tile with acrylic paint. When that was paint, we put 2 coats of high gloss clear lacquer on the tiles, allowing it to dry between coats.

My new decorative tiles now reside at our cabin. I thought the color fit in perfectly there, plus I needed some more room decor.

8 comments:

The Yogi Vegetarian said...

These look really pretty!

Unknown said...

What a great idea. Maybe for a Christmas gift

Unknown said...

These are so great. You are super creative!

Rebecca said...

Those are cute. I like that they are hand painted and unique.

Mom Knows Best said...

I made this with my ladies group and I love using them for coasters.

Danielle K said...

So cute and easy to make. We may have to try these soon :)

Uplifting Families said...

This is super cute. Great way to re purpose leftover tile too.

Unknown said...

These are bautiful!! And it did not seem very difficult!