This is a tasty, low calorie and gluten-free entree that will fill you up without being heavy. This will make 6 servings. FYI - all of that vermicelli is only about 120 calories!
Bean Thread Vermicelli with Edamame Stir Fry
5 oz Bean Thread Vermicelli
1 pkg Quick and Easy Asparagus Stir Fry
1 T sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 C edamame, steamed
1 T soy sauce
1 T rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
2 eggs, scrambled (cooked)
- Bring a 3 quart pot of water to boil. Add bean thread vermicelli and remove from heat.Allow to sit in the hot water while you cook the other ingredients. When the noodles become clear they are cooked and you can strain them.
- In a wok, heat sesame oil over med-high heat.
- Add stir fry mix and garlic and cook until vegetables are cooked.
- In a small dish, combine soy sauce, vinegar oil and red pepper flakes and put aside
- Add cooked vermicelli and edamame to the wok.
- Drizzle sauce mixture over the top and toss together.
- Just before serving, toss in scrambled eggs.