Thursday, April 5, 2012

Clean Eating Breakfast

I have been working in to clean eating for over a month month. It's a work in progress for me, as I try to eat cleaner. Just as I presume for many of us, greening up our lives is a work in progress.

But if you have ever thought about eating clean (and I do suggest you think about it!), this would be an example of a typical breakfast that combines protein and complex carbohydrates.

Eating this big of a breakfast is a work in progress for me for sure, as normally I would just have the oatmeal (with strawberries and flax seed). So, adding in 3 egg whites isn't always easy because I am just not that hungry.

Another go-to clean breakfast for me is a 3 egg white + 1 whole egg omelet loaded with mushrooms, onions, spinach & zucchini (or any other veggies that were leftover from the day before) and topped with salsa and served with a piece of whole grain toast.

And of course, you need to include water!!! Lots of it!!! So much more water than I have ever drank (seriously, I go to the bathroom a lot). Every day for breakfast I have 16oz. of water and 12 oz of green tea.

4 comments:

Kelly D. said...

Great info! Breakfast is in fact the most important meal of the day!

Amanda Lyn said...

Thanks for the info.

cheercfa07 said...

Clean eating is a work in progress for me too. I just remember how much better I will eventually feel!

--Meagan

Cary said...

Clean eating is helping me shed excess weight! I am eating more, have more energy and the weight is just naturally melting off!