Monday, April 30, 2012

Make It Monday: A Healthier Banana Split

The other day I was feeling a little indulgent, but not too indulgent. I wanted to have some kind of a treat without all the empty calories and simple sugars. I had recently bought a bunch of bananas that were screaming out to be eaten and that is when it came to me that I should make a Healthier Banana Split.

So, (disclaimer!) this is not as clean as it could be. I did use conventional chocolate chips instead of organic ones.

So, what is in my huge bowl (that I did share with my family!) -- banana slices, yogurt, pecans, chocolate chips, coconut and dried cranberries (I would have used dried cherries if I had any, but I didn't and I really thought it needed a little bit of red coloring.)

Doesn't it look so yummy? It was.

3 comments:

Char W said...

That looks yummy and I might make it for my kids because they would like it. Unfortunately, I do not like bananas, except in banana bread or muffins.

Cary said...

That looks great!

Lori said...

I had a recent craving for bananas and ended up spreading peanut butter on it and rolling it in a combination of nuts and mini choc chips. It made me feel like a kid again!