Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Try It Tuesday: Make a Big Red Dog Puppet



I decided it would be fun to make a Big Red Dog Puppet to use when I read Clifford books to my son. I thought he would get a kick out of that, as he loves it when we make his stuffed bear talk and read stories.

For these puppets, I just used red & white felt, 2 sizes of black buttons, black & white DMC floss, and matching thread.

I wanted to make a couple of presents for my readers, so check back in the beginning of December and I will be hosting a giveaway for the darker Big Red Dog Puppet (I gave my son a choice as to which one he wanted and he close the lighter color one.) But in the meantime, there are PLENTY of other giveaways on my blog for you to enter, lots of items that would make great Christmas presents. 



Be sure to check out my latest post on Northern Cheapskate titled Making Christmas Gifts: Handmade Hand Puppets to see my fairy, cat, gingerbread boy and snowman puppets.


This is the pattern I used to make the puppets, but please go read the post on Northern Cheapskate to read more about this pattern and it's measurements and for the .pdf file so you can print out the pattern to size.

Here are my other previously posted puppet ideas:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are so cute! Thanks for the idea.

My Name: Heather Abbe
My Email: abbegirl1977 at gmail dot com

Kristie said...

I am going to make these for my kids who are learning to read and have them pretend they are Clifford while reading the story to me. I'm picturing lots of laughter.

Dianna said...

Thanks for including the pattern-- I know that I can make a couple of these--they are just so cute

michelle gilliland mcafee said...

Looks like its not hard too do. Great for reading the Clifford books. Thanks for the ideas.