Kids are also fascinated to this introduction to metamorphosis and it would be a wonderful opportunity to purchase one of the InsectLore Live Butterfly kits; we have done them 3 years in a row and also raised monarchs.
Here is the list of Activities, Projects and Crafts we did:
- Handprint Caterpillar and Footprint Butterfly
- Make Playdough Caterpillars
- Caterpillar Balloon Painting
- ABC Letter Match Up
- Dot To Dot Caterpillar Sheet
- Letter C (trace & glue pom poms)
- Hungry Caterpillar Graph (from Ms Carlie's Little Learners)
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Coloring Sheet
- Read the Very Hungry Caterpillar (regular book and puppet book)
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables
- Super Easy Butterfly Craft
What have you done to help your child learn about caterpillars?