Well, since I did have to come up with some ideas I thought I would share them here in case someone else has a child that wants to learn about pants. Can I just tell you that I am glad this is a short week and I only have 3 days to plan stuff for.
- Worksheet that he has to Trace, Color & Cut out a pair of Pants
- Worksheet that he has to Count the pairs of Pants, Color each a different color and Trace the number 5
- Play with Wooden Bear Dress Up Puzzle
- "Sew" some pants using craft foam, a plastic needle & yarn and Dress his knight doll
- Trace and Write the letters PANTS on a dry erase board
- Worksheet that he has to paste scrap pieces of paper on the pants to fill them in
- Count the number of pairs of clean pants in his dresser drawer and his dirty laundry basket & discuss which there is more of, clean or dirty pants
- Have him tell me the colors of each pair of pants
- Have him describe the feel of the texture of various pants (sweat pants, fleece, jeans, khakis & corduroy)
- As we read books I will ask him to point out whenever he sees someone wearing pants and tell me what color they are
Come back the next 3 Fridays and I will share more Preschool Themes we have been doing.
Preschool Themes Friday Four-Part:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar