Monday, June 9, 2014

Make It Monday: Cardamom Almond Coffee Creamer



When I was in Little Rock with my friends, we sampled this delightful iced cardamom coffee that I just had to re-create. I also thought that while I was figuring that out, I would make it a clean eating coffee creamer because frankly, most creamers out there have processed sugar and hydrogenated oils in them. I have been able to break myself from the creamer need, but this is so tasty and not filled with junk that I don't mind.

Cardamom Almond Coffee Creamer
1 1/2 C Half and Half
1/4 C raw sugar
1 tsp cardamom powder (or seeds from 5 cardamom pods, crushed)
1/2 tsp pure almond extract

Directions:

  • Mix together half and half with raw sugar in a small saucepan
  • Whisk in cardamom and extract while cooking over medium-low heat
  • Continue whisking periodically (to avoid cooking to the bottom) while mixture cooks and is steaming and frothy (about 15 minutes)
  • Remove from heat and allow to cool
  • Store in the fridge in an airtight container


10 comments:

The Yogi Vegetarian said...

This looks so nice-I might try using almond cream instead of dairy... thanks for sharing. Clean eating versions of yummy stuff are always the best!

Czjai Reyes-Ocampo said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe! Iced coffee is perfect for the summer weather!

Emily Reviews said...

Thanks for this recipe, I'm excited to give it a try. I love iced coffee in the summer.

Scott said...

I have no idea what cardamom is...so lost!

mail4rosey said...

this would be good to try. Thank you for sharing it!

Marie Baker said...

We love almond that sounds so good, I know the hubby would love it!

Kung Phoo said...

I hear almond creamers are good, but i am not a big fan.. Thanks for sharing this...

Diane N said...

I'm not really much of a coffee drinker, but the few times I do drink it, it has to b flavored. This is one I will have to try.

Elayna Fernandez-Bare said...

I don't drink caffeine, but guess what? Today I made the chow-main and it was amazing. Wow... my family loved it. Thank you!

Rebecca Swenor said...

This sound really good and I never though of making my own creamer. Thanks for sharing.