Friday, February 13, 2015

Pottery Bowl Designs


These are both bowl that were slab rolled clay and then slumped over a mold (aka another bowl).

I really love the "Lace" Bowl. I used a thick cotton lace with wide openings and rolled that print in to it. I had seen another potter use it at the studio and asked about it, so this was an experiment piece for that. I also added ball feet to the bottom of this one, which was also an experiment for me. Although, really, isn't it all an experiment. :) But I do like the ball feet so much I have been adding them to my bowls. I love how the dark blue glaze over the metallic green glaze (on the outside) turned out and mixed together.

The plain bowl I made for our babysitter for Christmas to put in the jewelry that my children were making her. I did glue a piece of felt to the bottom of it to keep it was scratching the top of her dresser, or wherever she puts it.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Love them. Our teenage daughter made a nice bowl recently. She's really interested in pottery.

Dave, Amy and Jace said...

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Ben said...

Cool. My wife loves hand made bowls like these.

Mrs Nobody said...

I used to make pottery. These are very cute!

Unknown said...

What a clever idea to imprint a lace pattern on the bowl! Love it!

Breanna said...

I love doing pottery with my kids and experimenting is always fun!