Sunday, April 18, 2010

#137 Homemade Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner

So, I thought that in the spirit of Earth Week I would give it a try. I cleaned the bowl of two toilets using the following recipe and then cleaned the bowl of one toilet with my usual Seventh Generation cleaner.

Homemade Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner
1/4 C baking soda
1 C vinegar

Directions: Combine together the baking soda & vinegar (make sure your container is large enough to accommodate the fizzing). Pour into toilet bowl and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Scrub toilet with toilet brush.

The verdict - well, this did as good of a job as the Seventh Generation toilet bowl cleaner and if I didn't have SG kind at home I would try use it because I have vinegar & baking soda on hand for many other cleaning projects. And since I have a large home with many bathrooms, I like having a bottle of SG cleaner in each one. If space was an issue in my home, I might appreciate using the same two products for all my cleaning (& cooking). I think I will stick with my Seventh Generation toilet bowl cleaner, but know that a homemade cleaner works well.

No comments: