Sunday, April 18, 2010

Earth Week - Day 1

So, today started off Earth Week and I did everything I had set out to do. My daughter & I completed the 1 Mile walk at the Nature Center, we actually ran half of it, which I think is pretty good for a 3 1/2 year old and we enjoyed the pancake brunch that features real maple syrup that they made there.

I hung a load of laundry on the line (I tend to do a load every day as a basket fill rather than all in one day.)

My daughter & I filled & placed seeds in her Watch Me Grow planter she made at the Lowe's Build & Grow Clinic with her daddy. We got in some quality outdoor play.

I made a veggie lasagna and strawberry & rhubarb crisp for dinner using ingredients from the pantry, garden & freezer. The herbs came straight from the garden and we used frozen rhubarb, zucchini & tomatoes that we grew without chemicals in our garden last summer.

2 comments:

Kirsi Ingram said...

I miss you guys, you are awesome!

Mom of Two said...

Thanks! We miss you too. Isabel was playing a toy we got from your give away pile and she tells me she misses T and wants to go to your house to play and I explained to her that you moved away. She got very sad & teary eyed.