Tuesday, April 20, 2010

#139 Eggshell Picture Frame

The credit for this idea goes to Craft eNVy. I thought this would be a lot of fun to do with my daughter. She really enjoyed crushing the eggshells up in a plastic bag. Then we spread glue on the wooden frame and placed eggshells on top. After they were dried she painted the frame in blue (she picked out the color because she was making this for her daddy for a birthday present and said that was his favorite color.) After the paint was dry I used some high-gloss clear indoor/outdoor spray paint (I made sure I bought stuff that said it was used for sealing). The spray paint was leftover from another project. We already owned the sponge brushes & recycled-into-paint-tray and the eggshells were leftover (obviously!), so all we had to purchase was the paint & a frame. And I took the picture of them at home and printed it off on our printer.

No comments: