Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Try It Tuesday: Handmade Vintage Look Earrings of the 60s and 70s



Ok, I can finally share these with you. I had made them a little while ago. I just went to the Little Black Dress Affair and the theme this year was vintage. (LBD is a yearly fundraiser for women to attend that includes dinner, fashion show, silent auction and more for local charities. The charity benefiting from it changes from year to year. This was my second year attending.)

Anyways, I found my little black dress I wanted to wear for this event and it is 60's in style and started to explore how to accessorize for the 60's. I like dressing up for fancy events like this, especially if there is a theme (I'm also fond of costumed events too.) One of my friends who recently had a birthday had told me that the dress she purchased was 70's in style so I thought this would be a very cool present to make her for her birthday would be earrings to go with her dress.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you did a really nice job on the earrings! Hope you had a great time at the event.

Heather said...

those are really neat! I remember wearing those styles, even in the 80's ;)

Ashley said...

How fun! Love the creativity!

Heather said...

Love the earrings!!

Rachel said...

Great job on the earrings! They look really nice! Thanks for sharing with Time for Mom.