Friday, July 18, 2014

Fitness Friday: Jost Running "Beat the Heat" (July)


This is my third month of running races through Jost Running. This month the theme is "Beat the Heat" and proceeds from this virutal run go to support Girls on the Run. 

You can choose between a variety of length of races, including 5K, 10K, Half-Marathon, or Marathon. The medal with the watermelon is for the 5K or 10K and  the popsicle one is for the half or full marathon.

It's simple to do, just sign up on the JostRunning.com website for a race, print off a virtual bib # (if you wish) and enter in your time when you are finished. You can see how you rank against others completing the same race.

If you want to read about my other months of virtual racing for Jost Running, check out these posts:
May: JostRunning.com
June: Alternative Races with JostRunning.com

I will be sharing one more month of virtual racing in August, so come back and see what I have to say.

6 comments:

Jenn Alex Brockman said...

I'm totally not a runner. I had asthma when I was younger and now my joints are in bad shape so the thought of running just makes cringe, but I think running is probably fun and I wish I could do it.

Mom Knows Best said...

Sounds liker a great race. My son and I will be doing a race called the Dirty dash and it involves mud.

Melissa said...

I've never done a race before, but virtual running sounds like a great place for me to start. Especially since I can afford it!

Will Quackenbush said...

I never really cared for running even though it was required while I was in the military. But, I have to admit that this sounds interesting and I'll have to check it out.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I love the medals---so cute! I stopped running to treat my adrenal fatigue but I kind of miss training for something.

Unknown said...

You are amazing! The only way I'm running for a cause is if the cause is saving my life by running from zombies! Lol Thank you for sharing! You're a rock star!