Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Jamba Juice at Home (Protein Smoothie Recipe!!)



We have been on a bit of a Jamba Juice kick lately since we have been going to the Mall of America for my daughter's iBook Camp at the Apple Store, and we were thrilled to find out we could make our own Jamba Juice smoothies (2 as packaged or 3 with the recipe below) at home for less then the cost of just 1 small smoothie there. (fyi - the average small smoothie cost there was $4.79 and this was regular price at my local grocer for $3.39). I prefer the smoothies that are amped up with protein, so I created a recipe that was just that.

Protein Packed Jamba Juice Caribbean Passion Smoothie
1 - 8oz. frozen Caribbean Passion Jamba Juice pouch
1 1/4 C apple juice
1 C greek yogurt
2 T flax seed meal
1 C ice cubes

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a blender in the order listed and blend until smooth. Makes 3 servings.

ENJOY!!


I was sent a coupon from Influenster to purchase the above package. No other monetary compensation was received. All opinions, thoughts, photographs and recipe belong to SGBG.


7 comments:

Yona Williams said...

I've made these before, and they were very good. I love when I have a coupon for these.

Melissa said...

We don't have an actual Jamba Juice nearby, but I'll have to see it they have these at my local stores. Especially since I always hear everyone raving about JJ!

LisaLisa said...

Wow, this looks so delicious! We have a Jamba Juice nearby also but I never visited them, after seeing this I will now. I'm going to try the recipe too!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Those look yummy. Thanks! I have never made these but will be sure to try it.

Mom Knows Best said...

I love smoothies for a quick breakfast. My little one had his tonsils removed so he is drinking a lot of smoothies.

Jamie said...

I just made one of these for my husband and he loved it. I love to grab them when they go on sale and then have them for when we are craving one. No real store anywhere near us, so these come in handy!

DG Middendorf said...

We don't have a Jamba Juice anywhere near us. I need to check the stores to see if I can find these. They sound delicious.