This recipe was a huge hit with the entire family. It is quite rich so you will feel full for quite a while even with eating it served over Zucchini Spaghetti or Nasoya Fettuccine. Zucchini Spaghetti is certainly the cheaper way to go, especially is you have an abundance in your garden, but when I was planning this meal I wanted something different, so I bought the Nasoya pasta which cost me $1.98, which was the entire contents in the picture (although it says it is technically 2 servings).
Low Carb Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo (serves 4)
1 T oil (I used Wildtree garlic grapeseed oil)
1 garlic clove, minced
8 oz fresh Baby Bella mushrooms, quartered
1 C cooked broccoli, chopped
12 oz. frozen shrimp (thawed and tails removed)
3 T butter
3 triangles of Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb cheese
2 oz. low-fat cream cheese
1/3 C half and half
- Saute garlic and mushroom until cooked in a 2 qt pot.
- Add broccoli and cook until broccoli is warmed.
- Move vegetables to the side and make space for butter and cheese.
- Add butter and cheeses to the pan and cook until melted.
- Stir veggies in to the cheese mixture.
- Add half and half and shrimp and continue to cook until shrimp is warmed through and sauce thickens.
- Serve on top Low Carb Pasta or Zucchini Spaghetti.