Tuesday, January 20, 2015

DIY Dinosaur Felt Bow Tie


My son is a HUGE dinosaur fan, which you probably have been able to figure out if you have been reading my blog for a while. I tend to foster my kids' interests and since he loves dinosaurs we are all about dinosaurs here. Honestly, I never thought I would learn so much about dinosaurs beyond knowing the name of about a handful. I know I have Soooooo much more dinosaur stuff to learn, but in the meantime I will keep crafting dino things for and with my son.

I had made my son an Easy Felt Bow Tie a couple months ago, and I did the same basic things for this one, except I did NO SEWING at all for this one. I bought some Fabric-Tac and reading about it in some other tutorial and thought I would try it on a small project (this one) instead of embarking on the bigger project I had intended it for. This stuff is amazing. Not only does it dry super quick, but it is very strong and supposed to be able to be washed (I haven't used it on anything I need to wash yet). I have made my daughter some beautiful loopy hair bows with this as well.

You can read the post on the Easy Felt Bow Tie to see just how that was constructed, but basically you just glue where you would have sewn previously. And it worked so easily to embellish the tie to make it a dinosaur. Oh, I guess I did sew on the googly eye because I had sew-on ones and I wanted to make sure that in anything came off it wasn't the eye.

6 comments:

hpm.ba said...

Thank you so much for a well written, easy to understand article on this. It can get really confusing when trying to explain it – but you did a great job. Thank you!
Ivanica

Unknown said...

Cute! This makes me want a boy.

Jana said...

How adorable is this? I need this as a photography prop. :)

Laura Funk said...

Oh you are kidding me with the cuteness of this! So easy too! Thank you

wendy browne said...

This is adorable! I will make one for my dogs.

Babyjoys said...

Hello Very Nice your Blog and Keep Update for more information uy Teach your kids about dinosaur through the dinosaur soft toy and dinosaur teddy. Grab the dinosaur stuffed animal now.>dinosaur green small