Thursday, January 8, 2015

Easy Bacon Grease Clean Up


If you are like me, when you make bacon for your family, you let it drip grease off on to some paper towel before serving. But what happens after the meal? Do you immediately throw away the paper towel and have a pan of bacon grease cooling in a pan until it is cool enough to scrape in to the trash and not melt through the bag?

Well, time to change up that routine and at the end of your meal, toss that paper towel in the cooling grease and let the bacon grease absorb in to the paper towel and then wipe out with the paper towel. This way you get more use out of those paper towels and can clean up your bacon pan sooner.

5 comments:

Adelina Priddis said...

that is a really great tip!

Mom Knows Best said...

I dont eat bacon but this is also useful when making other greasy food like fries.

Nicole Pyles said...

Good tips! I usually let the bacon drip on a paper bag and ahem keep the drippings for veggie cooking (this might be just a southern thing! haha)

Yona Williams said...

I like this idea...I can't stand when bacon grease hardens on my pans, and I don't want to clog up the kitchen pipes with it either.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip.