Friday, January 16, 2015

Hand Built Pottery Wine Chiller


Does this look a little familiar? It should, because I made it to coordinate with this Tall Cylinder Vase I had made for a friend. I used similar glazes and technique in building this piece (although for this one I taped together two protein shake containers to get the height and width I was hoping would work), but they look a little different but still coordinate fairly well.

I am not sure if the glaze just went on thicker for the vase and thinner for the wine chiller or if I had carved in deeper to make the details, but you definitely see more details on this piece than the latter. It may even be a combination of both.

I love how this turned out so much! I currently have sitting my shelf at the art center, a wine chiller (using the same mold since it turned out just how I wanted) but with a different pattern. This one on the shelf will be one for myself. I had all these presents to make first and no time to make things for myself, but then I made these gifts and love them so much that I need to make some for our home too. I think this particular design would look great if I made on for our cabin too.

6 comments:

Jana said...

I love wine and Harry Potter! What a great combination!

Cara of Stylish+Geek Blo said...

You did an amazing job! This is absolutely nice!

Mom Knows Best said...

This is so cool looking. I thought it was store bought.

Godly Homemaker (Andrea) said...

and great for plants and flowers, too! :D

Uplifting Families said...

This looks very nice. I love the colors too.

bn100 said...

looks like a fun idea