Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Homemade Christmas Gifts



This holiday season our family has received so many awesome homemade gifts from friends and family and I wanted to share with you the hard work others have done. Maybe these ideas will help give you some ideas of your own for gifts that you want to make in the future.


This is my son with his Stegasaurus backpack and hat that my parents gave him.


This is my wooden door mat that my parents made for me.


This is my daughter with the quiver my parents made for her. Her arrows are all at home and weren't available for this picture, but she is anxious to use this with them when she goes to Archery practice.


Some yummy ice cream toppings that my parents made (well, probably just my mom.)


This is some homemade lavender-mint fabric softener that a friend made. I have already been using it so the cute tied on label is gone, plus 1/4 of the fabric softener is gone.



My MIL made me this present, which will go to the cabin with us. It is a table runner (folded in half in this picture), a button on towel, napkins, and potholders.

My parents made this wooden slide-in sofa side table for my husband. He actually has one they made him a couple years ago but we use it so often (usually the kids have confiscated it) that he really wanted to have a second one.


My MIL made this beautiful dress for my daughter and a matching one for her American Girl doll. 


My daughter made me this bracelet.



My son made these bird feeders for his grandparents.

What is missing from these pictures of homemade gifts we received are:

* Winter Survival Kit (we have already taken this apart to use, it had in it Kleenex, Airborne, Ricola cough drops, lip balm, hot cocoa, and tea) - from my parents

* Homemade Candies - caramels and peanut clusters made and given by a friend in book club

* Homemade Playdough with a cookie cutter- for my son from his preschool teacher

* Handpainted Snowman Jar filled with a tealight and candies made by my son while at preschool

* Elf/SantaCandy Jars filled with Hersey kisses and a little felt hat on top and black belt for the kids from my parents

* Hand painted picture of our cabin from one of my friends (this is still in process, I was just given a picture of the work in progress so I haven't actually received it)

Plus, I wouldn't want to forget about the gifts of time a couple of friends have given me. One friend treated me to a pedicure at a local spa and another friend took to to a dinner at a winery with thieving from the barrel. 

Gosh, I hope I didn't forget any homemade gifts. They are all wonderful and I really appreciate the time people have spent making those gifts and thinking of us. 

We also received lots of other wonderful gifts that we are extremely thankful to have received and feel very blessed to be gifted with. We are very fortunate.

9 comments:

The Yogi Vegetarian said...

What a talented family you are! Home made gifts are the best. Happy new year :)

Anonymous said...

Ice cream toppings are a great idea. I need to file that away for next year!

Tru said...

I know you don't want to toot your own horn, but you made some wonderful gifts, also. THANK-YOU!

Jessica said...

Lots of my homemade gifts will be on here as tutorials. I only have so much time to work on posts and get them out, so it takes time to tell my readers about them all.

Mom Knows Best said...

You have some talented family. These are great gifts to receive.

Yona Williams said...

WOW - those are some VERY impressive homemade gifts. Ha! That Stegosaurus ensemble is very cool. That mat is very nice. The American Girl dress duo is also very nice. Lots of talent, thoughtfulness, and love in your family. Very special gifts!

Bernadette N said...

I love homemade gifts! I feel they're more appreciated.

Jamie said...

Beautiful - I LOVE that front door!! Very talented family!

Unknown said...

i love making gifts for my family