Thursday, February 4, 2016

Fun Valentine Food!!!


Who said you had to spend a lot of money on Valentine's Day or that it had to filled with chocolate. You can make your loved ones a special Valentine's breakfast that is healthy too.

To make the heart shaped eggs I made boiled eggs and peeled them while they still hot/warm and put them in their homemade "mold". The mold consists of a pieces of cardboard from a cracker box that I cut to the size that would be to the top of the eggs and then folded in it halg so it had a pointed crease at the bottom. Then I used a chopstick that that I rubber banded in place to help create the indent at the top of the heart.

To make the heart toast, I simply used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts from the bread before toasting it and topped it with my Homemade Freezer Strawberry Jam. I thought a couple of clementine pieces on a toothpick made a nice health arrow through the heart.

No comments: