Friday, August 23, 2013

Pottery Time: My Favorite Style of Bowl/Dish


This is my favorite style of bowl to make with slab rolling and hand building. I just like the fluidness of the ripples on the edge. My last post about bowls and dishes I had a couple with the same type of edges.

To make this I slab rolled by clay out then went over the piece with a rolling texturing tool. Next I cut out a circle using a template I created on newspaper. Finally, using a bowl mold I shaped the edges in the wavy pattern you see above.

This bowl I made to hold jewelry (or whatever) for one of my friends that I gave a pottery and bead necklace to that coordinates with this bowl.

Be sure to check out my other posts about pottery pieces I have created.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great jewelry/ring dish! I really love the patina/glaze -- is it black?

Missy Homemaker said...

This is a great bowl! And the glaze is fabulous.

Kim S. said...

Neat design!

The Yogi Vegetarian said...

Love your wavy bowl- just trying to imagine how amazing a green salad would look like in a bigger version of this :)

The Yogi Vegetarian said...

Love your wavy bowl- just trying to imagine how amazing a green salad would look like in a bigger version of this :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful, I love pottery and stop at any homedone pottery shop I see.

yellowstone jackets said...

Good to see you. Thank you to share this blog. I am a blogger and writes blogs on different platforms.

Charging Port Replacement said...

In future I will gather more knowledgeable date through this website. Please write quality words on fashion and lifestyle categories. I will be waiting to read it.

Halloween Costume said...

Good luck! I will be back soon to gather new and impressive data & I hope you will convey what I want. thank you & keep posting a forum.