Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Try It Tuesday: Reclaimed Wood Name Sign



So, we bought this little rustic cabin recently and are working making it our own. We wanted to keep the rustic charm of it, but make it look more rustic intentionally through decor and some updates. This is one of those projects, which was simple to do.

This project was a no-cost one. I used some reclaimed lumber that was left behind in our garage from the previous owners, sticks from out yard and a rock (apostrophe) and acorn cap (dot over the i) that I found in our yard, and some twine and hot glue purchased for other projects that was leftover.

I just cut the wood to the size we wanted and cleaned it up. I left the paint on the wood the way it was so that it helped add to the rustic quality of it. Then I just drilled holes in the top so I could tie my twine through and laid out my twigs to spell out the words and then hot glued them in to place.

Below you can see the picture of the sign as it hangs on our little rustic cabin. I wasn't there when my husband went up to work on adding some new windows and siding and trim (these were all added new to make it look more cabin-y) and hung it at that time. I have not seen it yet, but soon. He says everything looks even better in person.


4 comments:

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Cute. I love it!

Unknown said...

That is super cute! I love that it has the cabin-y feel also :) Job well done, Mama!

Laura Marie Keenan said...

I love this! I see a weekend project in my future!

Unknown said...

That's so fun! I love making stuff with twigs.