Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: FREE and Half Price Rentals at Family Video


We found ourselves inside a Family Video the other day because the stars were aligned. It has been a long time since I have been inside a video store and between Amazon Prime movies, dvds from the library and free redbox rentals, I didn't think we had any reason to go to one. But we happened to be trying out a new(ish) restaurant next door and they had signs in the window for their current promotion (now over) that said $1 New Rentals.

We picked out our choice and went to rent it and was told that for 30 days, new members get half off all their rentals! And it CAN be combined with current advertised promotions (the $1 new releases!). So, we paid a whopping 53-cents (need to include tax) for our rental of "OZ: Great and Powerful", plus it was a 5-day rental. Seriously?!?! I paid 53 cents to rent this video so that the kids & I could watch with my MIL and we were able to keep it long enough for them to watch it again and for my husband to come home and watch it too. We went back a couple more times during the $1 promotional rate and each time checked out 2 new releases for 5 days. Fantastic! My kids sure got all their watching in of some new release cartoons they really wanted to see. We won't need to rent those again for a while or buy them.

PLUS! They gave me the above sheet of coupons for free rentals and other coupons. Some really great coupons and we will probably use almost all of them!

ALSO!!!! They have a section of FREE kids videos, a section of FREE exercise videos, AND a section of FREE documentary/educational videos.

I am pretty happy with this new discovery!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! We haven't been to a video store in ages.

Suzi Satterfield said...

That's awesome! Video stores seem to be a dying breed here. Blockbuster burned down last year, but they were pulling out of Canada anyway. Rogers has closed several stores. I have to admit that I do miss the old days of mom & pop video rentals.

Jamie Knupp said...

We go the the video rental store here about once a month, but lately haven't had the time to sit down for a family movie night. I think we may just have to bring it back!