My daughter and I were very excited to read this book for several reasons and I will share them with you:
- It's based on a true story and we both like to learn new things
- It is set in Pennslyvania, where some good friends just moved to and we also have other friends and family that live there and we visited last year
- The movie Alone But Not Alone will be in theaters starting September 27th and we thought it would be neat to read a book together an d then go see the movie and compare notes afterwards about what it different (because that's what it is all about when you read the book AND see the movie)
- My daughter has become a bit of a historical fiction fan that accompanied her love of the Historical American Girls and learning about them, so having female main characters that are young sisters help her identify more with the characters and want to know more about them
- My daughter thought it was interesting that the author first wrote her family story that was passed down through generation when she was nine years old.
About Alone Yet Not Alone (from the publisher):
Settled in the Blue Mountains of Pennsylvania, deep within America's new frontier, the Leininger family celebrates the blessings of a beautiful homestead and bountiful harvest. That is, until tragedy strikes with the beginning of the French and Indian War and the devastating raid known as the Penn's Creek Massacre.
The lives of this simple, God-fearing family are forever altered when Barbara and Regina, two young sisters, are carried away by the Delaware tribe. Driven by their faith in God and the powerful bonds of family, Barbara and Regina hold firmly to the belief that they are never alone, even in their darkest hour, and that they will be reunited again.
Rich in historical details, Alone Yet Not Alone is an inspirational, true story of a family caught in the cross fire of the French and Indian War.
About The Author: Tracy Leininger Craven loves history and retelling real-life stories in her historical fiction books. She also loves spending her free time in the great outdoors with her husband David and their four children.
Bring Alone Yet Not Alone to Your City: http://seatzy.com/main/moviedetail/alone-yet-not-alone
Movie Twitter: https://twitter.com/AYNAthemovie
Movie Website: http://www.aloneyetnotalone.com
ONE LUCKY READER WILL WIN A COPY OF ALONE YET NOT ALONE
To enter, just leave a comment with why you want to win this book and who it would be for. Be sure to include your email so I can contact you! WINNER WILL BE PICKED AT 11:59PM ON 9/5/13.
“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”